POSITION SUMMARY: To identify, design and lead QE projects through the use of statistical tools and other problem solving methodologies. This position will lead improvement initiatives locally, with input into global designs, to ensure that processes are capable of meeting the quality standards and expectations of the Client Companies and its customers. Provide technical support to QA and other departments. This position must have technical credibility within the organization as well as with customers and suppliers. This position assures compliance to regulatory requirements and focuses on the consumer expectations.
• Monitor and assure a safe work environment through process adherence and hazard elimination/mitigation (PPE, Lockout/Tag-out, Machine Guarding, etc.) and hazard elimination/mitigation
• Monitor and assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adherence to defined procedures
• Identify improvement projects and opportunities at local and global level. Provide input into global processes and support harmonization of best practices by working with Quality Process Improvement team.
• Implement new system and working practices to improve process and product quality while maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements. Lead implementation of processes at the local level with Operations staff, CI and ME.
• Lead development of projects and application of QE techniques and methodologies providing technical expertise and support to QA and other functions.
• Conduct analysis of data/KPIs and recommend appropriate action, performs audits and capability studies as necessary.
• Works with the plant, packaging development, technical packaging, and other parties to define critical requirements. Participates in line tests and first production runs for new product launches.
• Works with suppliers, developers, and production agreeing to and communicating standards and range boards. Participate in supplier improvement activities.
• Provides subject matter expertise in investigation of complaints and preventive and corrective action
• Participates and where necessary leads in the definition, execution, analysis, and actions of tooling qualification programs. Advises on modifications needed to achieve successful tooling. Supports validation programs of equipment and processes.
• Identify new QA tools and technology needed, in collaboration with Quality Tools & Technology CoE Lead
• Documentation of processes and procedures and technical reports.
• Educates and trains employees in QA techniques.
• Guide and coach indirect reports, such as Quality Operations Specialists when executing work related to QE functions.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Works independently
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Six sigma certification preferred
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must demonstrate a desire and ability to lead other people
• Must be familiar with MS office and SAP applications preferred
• Knowledge in quality management systems, process improvement utilizing statistical problem solving techniques, and quality tools.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Must be able to work all shifts and all locations as needed