Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is seeking an experienced and motivated Hospitalist to join our team!
The hospitalist will provide direct hands-on care to patients within the limits of credentials granted by the Medical Staff of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital in recognition of advanced training and experience in this field. Additionally, they will adhere to patient care and admission criteria policies and procedures of the Department of Medicine. They will provide direct medical and inpatient care services in a high volume community hospital to adult non-surgical inpatients in a comparable manner, regardless of such patients' insurance status, as a primary care provider within specified area of licensure, as needed, to accommodate day-to-day workload requirements of the program.Responsibilities:
Weekly on-call duties to cover hospitalist service inpatients as determined by the Medical Director of the Hospitalist Service.
Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
Serves as a member of the Rapid Response and MSET Teams.
Chart Completion and Documentation.
Serves as Hospitalist in accordance with a published schedule determined by the Department which will include:
- Emergency Department call for the Department of Medicine
- Hospital admissions from community physicians per practice coverage agreements as well as transfers from outside facilities
- Inpatient consultation as requested by other services Requirements:
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Licensed to practice internal medicine in the State of Virginia
- Credentialed by the INOVA Health System as an associate or courtesy member of the medical staff with clinical privileges in internal medicine, to include the care of inpatients.About Us
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Inova Health Systems
- Internal Medicine