Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true. Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Resort Operations, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
The Manager I, IRM Owner Exit Services will be the primary contact for owners looking to divest their timeshare interest. The Manager will have a good understanding of the timeshare business as well as the real estate licensing laws and Division of Real Estate Administrative Codes of Florida and other states as necessary to be able to respond to Owner correspondence, discover the core reasons for their desire to sell the timeshare and prescribe a course of action that makes the most sense for the Owner. The Manager will execute the agreed upon plan, including the initiation of purchase agreements and real estate listing agreements. In addition, the Manager will track and manage the timeshare weeks and beneficial interests that are in the process of being sold, including coordination with the title company on a timely closing.
This position will act as the Company’s representative within the scope of the Transaction Brokerage relationship as outlined in the listing agreement and will be required to maximize the amount of outbound telephone calls per day, handle inbound calls and compose replies to emails. Minimum Performance Standards to be determined.
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
Ownership Exit Services
- Functions as front line / owner facing interactions counseling exit options.
- Acquire and maintain comprehensive working knowledge of all Resale Operations business applications, owner offers and working knowledge our inventory strategy.
- Handles inbound and outbound owner phone calls and emails
- Performs duties with limited supervision.
- Interview clients via the telephone and/or emails.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative reasoning within a discovery process.
- Evaluate owners’ reason for wanting to sell.
- Articulate the costs and benefits of owning timeshare for existing clients.
- Educate owners on Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) products and usage options.
- Deliver professional, concise, and persuasive messages to owners, while remaining focused on their needs and expectations.
- Recommend a specific course of action to owners, including a brokered listing, inventory repurchase and/or external resource options.
- Document all correspondence, plan of action as well as all action that was taken.
- Ensure use of the proper listing agreements.
- Ensure all listing agreements are complete and accurate, including accurate pricing.
- Manage to completion, the agreed upon plan including coordination with the sales and marketing teams as well as the New Owner Administration Dept.
- Manage specific outbound resale campaigns for completeness and track performance.
- Act as a licensed salesperson in accordance with the Transaction Brokerage relationship pursuant to the listing agreement.
- Utilize a computer to effectuate real estate sales contracts and real estate listing contracts.
- Follow-up with clients on prescribed course of action to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Acts as SME in specialized area.
- Supports Department leaders.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually, a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College Degree an advantage.
Certifications / Accreditations
- Possession of a State real estate salesperson license for the respective state (e.g. Florida, California etc.) is required. If not currently certified, the Manager must be certified within 90 days of starting work in this role.
- Minimum 1-3 years related work experience is required.
- Timeshare/Hospitality/lodging industry experience a plus. MVW or Hyatt-specific knowledge, an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of the real estate sales process is required.
- Successful candidates will possess the ability to think quickly and multi-task.
- Verbal communication is mandatory, with an ability to clearly articulate messages and explain complex ideas clearly and concisely to ensure understanding to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent active listening and written communication skills.
- Must have a desire to sell.
- Must be a strong individual contributor as well as a team player with the ability to work collaboratively with MVW associates across all disciplines.
- Exceptional work ethic, detail-oriented and be competitive in a self-directed environment. Must have a positive attitude and be energetic.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with confidential business information; confidence and trustworthy with a genuine concern to balance both the company and the customer needs, be eager to take action on direction from supervisor and/or the marketing and sales management teams.
- Must have ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Ability to process paperwork, reports and computer data, that requires visual observation, accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide common numbers and decimal numbers and to be able to compute percentages.
- Good working knowledge in Office 365 suite of applications, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet Explorer/Edge and One Drive is preferred.
- Ability to work a scheduled shift, but occasionally extended or additional day/night work schedules may be required to meet Owner expectations.
- Bilingual capability (English and Spanish) preferred.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail
- Business Processes