Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. What you will do
This Strategic Sourcing Manager role is a member of the Global Category Management team. This team is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders across all Product Business Units (PBU's) to develop global sourcing strategies for all key categories, establish a best-in-class global sourcing footprint, act as a Center of Excellence for their respective categories, actively support the business in new product development and help the PBU's to meet their business objectives. As a member of this team, you will work within a dynamic environment that provides a high-level of exposure and influence. In this role, you will manage the micro category portion of overall spend budget and associated savings. You will develop, communicate, and implement comprehensive category strategies. How you will do it
- Responsible for developing detailed global category strategies. Categories will typically be high spend and will impact multiple product business units/regions and may also be highly technical in nature.
- Ensure alignment of category strategies to business requirements and objectives
- Lead MBBP (Materials Best Business Practice) team for assigned categories driving best product, process and footprint. Optimize supply base composition globally.
- Conduct supplier contract negotiation, supplier selection and contract lifecycle management
- Act as a center of excellence for the respective categories through complete understanding of industry, competition, future technologies and innovations etc.
- Responsible for overall continuity of supply and active risk mitigation. Work with plants to resolve quality, delivery, capacity and other issues as required.
- Support make vs buy decisions
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to categories: cost savings, raw material economics, quality, supplier rationalization, LCC % content and other agreed objectives
- Lead monthly or quarterly category reviews with dotted line global category team across the product business units and regions.
What we look for
• Bachelor degree required
• 6 Years of Experience in a large manufacturing or multi-industry global organization and a strategic sourcing role
• Very strong negotiation skills
• Capability to interface with senior leadership across regions both internally & externally
• In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
• Strong MS Office skills
• Strong costing and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of SAP or other equivalent ERP systems
• Travel up to 30%, global and domestic
Soft Skills / Communication
o Strong skills in emotional intelligence and communication with impact
o You handle ambiguity well, can make decisions without all the data, can shift gears comfortably and can effectively cope with change
o You believe that the best work is done in teams – you’re seen as a cooperative peer; candid yet fair.
o You can manage multiple priorities simultaneously because of your excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
o You are intellectually curious – driving continual learning for you and your team. You’re also interpersonally curious – understanding that internal and external collaboration fuels improvement and best practice.
•Experience with trade compliance and regulatory affairs related to the chemical industry covering all global regions.
•Ability to establish and generate either actual or perceived leverage with single and sole sourced chemical suppliers.
•Knack for quickly getting acquainted with multiple chemical materials and their unique markets, market forces, cost drivers, etc.
•Experience working with chemical suppliers of multiple disciplines and capabilities (I.e. telormerization, chemical synthesis/reactor capabilities, toll manufacturing, chemical blending and formulating, reformulation, distribution, packaging, etc).
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
New Product Development