Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home. Unique clinical environment:
Lead a clinical team with varied expertise to care for patients one on one and in their most preferred environment – at home. Culture of teamwork:
Lead, promote and support a multi-disciplinary team while serving an essential role on the operations management team Ongoing support:
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement:
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions Clinical distinction:
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes Healthcare leader:
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for the supervision, management, coordinationand provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal responsibilityand maintaining the highest standards of care and ensuring compliance with allpolicies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. This role also accountable for measuring,monitoring, and managing quality of patient care, achievement of keyperformance indicators and organizational clinical performance.
- Develops, plans, implements, analyzes and organizes clinical operations for the care center.
- Reviews requests for services and determines patient eligibility and suitability for home care services. Works with intake in coordinating patient referrals and admissions.
- Oversees scheduling activities to ensure patient needs are met. Reviews assignments as appropriate with the patient services coordinator and professional and support staff.
- Oversees payor verification and pre-certification requirements. Communicates with payors and their representatives with updates and responds to requests for information.
- Responsible for review of documentation of other staff members including the Oasis data collection, starts of care, re-certification, physician orders, daily progress notes and other related documents ensuring appropriateness of care, delivery and documentation requirements are met. Ensures missing, incomplete and/or untimely documentation issues are resolved.
- Oversees and assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term patient goals, setting priorities and developing Plan of Care (POC). Responsible to oversee the management and delivery of patient care, including utilization management, episode management and patient outcomes. Oversees the assignment of the appropriate clinical pathways and implementation of the plan of care and physicians’ orders for patients.
- Oversees clinicians in the provision of care and services requiring substantial and specialized professional skills set (per applicable discipline practice act and standards of practice) and in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician.
- Oversees the professional staff to ensure timely communication of changes in the patient condition to the physician and receipt of necessary changes in orders. Ensures communication of changes in the plan of care to the appropriate staff.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the patient’s plan of care in collaboration with the clinicians providing care.
- Leads regular patient care conferences and promotes coordination and communication of information relevant to the care of the patient to ensure quality of care.
- May provide direct patient care on an infrequent basis and only in times of emergency.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance, including through on-site evaluations. Holds employees accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance redirection
Connecticut: Three (3) years clinical experience as a registered nurse within the last five years and one of those years in community health OR MSN or BSN and experience in community health
New Jersey: Experience of two (2) years public health nursing and BSN or three (3)years public health nursing
Texas: Experience must be within the last 36 monthsAmedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
*some states have specific requirements related to education and experience beyond the listed general requirementPreferred:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.
- One (1 ) year of RN experience in a Home Health or Hospice environment.
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1 ) years of supervisory and/or management experience as a Registered Nurse in a healthcare environment.
Registered Nurse Certified