To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Virginia Beach, VA 23459
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DISTRICT OPERATIONS SERVICES MANAGER (150+ MIL) - TIDEWATER DISTRICT
NEXCOM • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Relocation Expense Authorized
Job Summary: Supports the District Manager (DM) and General Managers (GMs) in the planning, organizing and directing of store, district and corporate services programs of all stores in the district. Reports to the District Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops, manages and analyzes services operational goals and budgets in collaboration with GMs to include direct and indirect costs, sales and profits, and financial statements and other pertinent data. Makes periodic and frequent inspections of all services selling locations. Identifies and executes action to correct deficiencies, exploit areas of business opportunity, and maximize operational performance. Follows up to ensure that prompt and proper corrective action has been taken. Conducts budget reviews and makes adjustments.
- Plans and directs through and GMs and subordinate managers or supervisors all activities of assigned service operations, ensuring compliance with all operating procedures. Implements NEXCOM policies and procedures to improve services operations. Ensures that adequate staffing levels are maintained consistent with store expenses and customer service requirements.
-Assists GMs in services associates disciplinary actions and resolving grievances and complaints. Provides substantial input to GMs in selection of key store services vacancies, and key store services managers and supervisors performance evaluations.
- Participates in the coordination of Exchange Quality of Life issues with Region MWR counterparts. On major initiatives and challenges, as appropriate, solicits Command input on NEX business and service issues, and ensures necessary support. Supports partnership with MWR on special event planning.
- Coaches and trains services managers, supervisors and associates in order to develop Services team members who can be promotable to meet current and future position requirements within the District and throughout the Navy Exchange System.
-Ensures that all directives, policies and regulations relative to the management of inventory, cost control and loss prevention initiatives are adhered to. Actively works to create an environment intolerant of internal and external theft, paperwork error and inventory shrinkage.
- Ensures maximum and full utilization of all facilities and equipment. Ensures that a maintenance and repair program is in effect for all equipment and facilities to keep all assigned locations in excellent condition. Ensures, through GMs and subordinate managers and through contractors, compliance with safety, security and fire prevention policies for all facilities.
- Responsible for inventory control, customer service programs, and operational reporting. Functions as Contracting Officer, Technical Representative (COTR) for various vendor contractors.
- Researches services and food industries for prospective business opportunities, and develops new service businesses. Maintains a close working relationship with GMs and NEXCOM services managers, specialists and buyers.
- Coordinates with Base Preventive Medicine to include training, food evaluations, and effective communication with all parties.
- Acts as liaison between corporate contracts (Code K) and contractors, on issues ranging from expenses to contractor performance.
- Carries out policy of customer courtesy and service.
- Carries out EEO policies and communicates support to subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required
Total of seven (7) years of experience consisting of the following:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in administrative, merchandising, procurement, technical or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain a general knowledge of merchandising and operational practices; skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 1 year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Four years of progressively responsible experience in management, which provided in-depth knowledge of retail and/or services merchandising and operations management, policies and procedures; including analysis of operating budgets and results, inventory management practices and procedures; development and evaluation of sales objectives and expense control programs.