$85000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
Are you a Release Manager Looking for your next Great Role? This Role may be for you? We are looking for the next Great Release Manager.
Summary of Position:
• The Release Manager will own the lifecycle of release management including planning, scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases of software. When necessary, the Release Manager will provide tools and services to help the teams manage and deploy releases into production.
• The position will also provide a level of expertise in and responsible for continuous integration, automation of software releases, build and execution of CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, troubleshooting environments, co-ordination with different stakeholders, monitoring of deployment and open-source applications.
• The Release Manager must have strong knowledge of Scrum Agile and has worked in an agile team.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and Schedule different releases based on the other priorities and impacts, co-ordinate with different stakeholders before coming to a release schedule. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Working with QA and Implementation teams on a weekly release report
• Works closely with the Software Managers and the Scrum Master in release planning, preparation, validation, post release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
• Works with the System Administrator to possess technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations, monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
• Implement/Manage/Improve CI/CD tooling
• Implement and maintain Application Automation.
• Implement and maintain Infrastructure Automation.
• Implement and maintain monitoring stacks.
• Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
• Client-facing experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• 8+ years of experience in Release and Project Management roles.
• 6 + years of related progressive job experience in application development, operations, infrastructure, monitoring and database management, working with various development tools, deployment tools, build and release tools, and ability to properly formulate, code, and test logic.
• Development skills that include YAML, Bash, Python and MySQL as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these skills.
• Toolchain skills that include GIT/Bit Bucket, Python, Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, RPM, JIRA, MySQL as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these skills.
• 2+ years of experience on agile software development
• Technology/processes skills that include SCM, Continuous Integration, Version Control as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these technologies/process skills.
• Strong understanding of MySQL schema and configuration data management strategies.
• Excels in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times.
• Deals positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities
• Cognizance of security best practices
• Implementation of monitoring for cloud and custom applications
• Strengthen and continue to evolve the organization's culture of DevOps.
• Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience supporting warehouse management software applications
• Familiar with distributed systems
- Application Releases, Build Release, Release Management, Software Release, MySQL, JIRA, Bitbucket, Git Version Control
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Release Engineer
for more information.
- Agile Software Development
- Scrum (Software Development)