Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
A Concrete Finisher is defined as a person with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of construction activities relating to the layout, preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete. This position is expected to perform all aspects of concrete work with minimal direction from a crew foreman.
- Work relating to the layout, site preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete on a variety of military/government/commercial type construction projects.
- While not inclusive, the following are some of the typical tasks expected of this position: ground preparation; setting forms to required pitch and depth; cutting/bending/setting reinforcement; spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed and float; mold expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straight-edge; cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods and place rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill; chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Three years of applicable construction experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License Preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.