Req ID: 279021
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Breakfast Bar Attendants help our guests start their day off right by providing quality breakfast foods. Breakfast Bar Attendants will maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
JOB SUMMARY: Breakfast Bar Attendant responsibilities include cleaning, preparing, and maintaining the breakfast area by arranging the furniture, emptying the trash receptacles, making fresh coffee, and stocking the drinks, food items & other supplies according to operating standards.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Earn $12/hr - $13/hr (paid weekly)
- Benefits include: medical/dental/vision & life insurance plans, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contributions, & paid time off
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers.
- Maintain personal grooming and uniform standards.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Follow safety procedures while using a sharp knife, toaster, ovens, and other food preparation tools and appliances.
- Remove and re-line trash cans, clean and wipe chairs, tables, beverage area, and the breakfast and condiment station.
- Sweep, vacuum or mop floors in the breakfast area and lobby.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior customer service, cash handling, and office accounting or auditing experience preferred
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: From the founding of Love’s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate a diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Time Management
- Outline Of Food Preparation