The Direct Marketing Team is the Center of Excellence (COE) that is responsible for all direct marketing efforts including direct mail, email, statement, across business lines, including Retail and Deposits, Consumer Lending, Business Banking, Wealth, Institutional and Commercial business lines. The Direct Marketing Manager will be responsible for effective planning, designing, and flawless execution in direct marketing channels, email, direct mail, statements and other potentially targetable channels.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Builds relationships with marketing and line of business partners in order to best understand bank and line of business goals and develop direct marketing strategies for meeting them. Influences business lines to continue to invest and test new offers and channels. Helps develop business cases for investing more in direct marketing.
- Presents regular direct marketing updates to appropriate partners and division senior leadership, to include results, insights gleaned from results and strategic recommendations for leveraging direct marketing in the short and long term.
- Overall management of planning, budgeting, and execution mail, direct mail, statements, and other 1 to 1 targetable channels. Works cross functionally to deliver integrated direct campaigns that complement and enhance effectiveness of other channels.
- Partners with direct marketing analytics resources to develop and execute robust learning agenda for each business line. Works closely with internal marketing relationship managers and analytics team to plan direct marketing strategies and ensure effective use of budgets.
- Partners with the other channel managers, especially the advertising and promotions manager to ensure that the M&T Bank Corporation's brands are appropriately and consistently represented across all channels. Keeps abreast of the best practices in direct marketing and shares them with colleagues.
- Manages external vendors/partners through effective contract negotiation and vendor risk management. Keeps vendor partners connected to results, objectives and the use of all channels in order to maximize the effectiveness of the direct marketing programs they deliver the bank.
The position is responsible for executing on effective marketing and communication programs to enable businesses to meet objectives and reinforcing the company's brand identities.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Potential for supervisory responsibilitiesEducation and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree. 5+ years of experience in managing marketing campaigns in a client or agency environment; or in lieue of a degree the equivalent combination of education and progressive related experience.