We are looking for a pro-active, take charge technology professional to lead, direct, motivate, and guide our Information Technology team which includes core systems, network infrastructure, and imaging. The ideal candidate will have the technology skills and expertise to think both big picture and in-the-weeds.
This person must be a strategic, forward thinker with the ability to keep one eye on the future and be willing to embrace and prepare the organization for technological innovations to help the credit union move forward successfully.
Majority of the leaders inside our organization are fast-paced with a high internal sense of urgency. One must be able to move at a high pace and have the desire for continuous self-improvement as we are always looking for ways to get better.
The ideal individual must have the ability to listen and communicate, on an individual and group basis, with all levels within the organization as well as externally with our various business partners.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and develop the IT Department staff (Programming, Infrastructure, Application Support, Imaging, and Information Security) - including hiring, training, evaluating, guiding, and disciplining - to meet the rapidly evolving needs of users, teams, and offices.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of our systems, programs, and software to meet management and company information needs while maintaining a culture of efficiency.
- Direct the implementation, execution, and integration of new/upgraded information systems through well-defined plans including specific procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Establish and update IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations.
- Ensure the complete and timely creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous Information Technology experience including networks, PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming, and data organization.
- Technical planning, project management, and supervisory experience.
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other Information Technology professionals as well as non-technical users.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Experience: Ten to fifteen years of similar or related experience. IT experience in a financial institution required.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Professional certifications preferred.