Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented professionals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer an excellent contract opportunity for a Complaint Specialist, with our client, a leader in the medical device industry, located in Rochester, New York.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Primary responsibility is to support the global reporting obligations and the management of communication between manufacturer, distributors and competent authorities for all medical device complaint related activities, including assistance of and/or submission of medical device event reports in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations.
KEY ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Provide understanding, leading analysis and management of information regarding medical device complaint events and/or adverse events, follow-up, case processing and assessment for post-marketing activities including:
- Receives, documents and evaluates complaint information.
- As required, communicates with physician, physician’s staff and/or patient to obtain pertinent complaint information.
- Evaluates and engages appropriate management for critical and/or unusual events.
- Liaises with internal functions (Quality, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Customer Service, Manufacturing and R&D) to gather critical input into medical device event reports.
- Reviews complaint manufacturing investigation reports and provides comments in accordance with procedures.
- Performs and/or documents regulatory reportability decisions on complaints in accordance with applicable local laws regulations.
- Ensures complaints are processed in a timely manner.
- Reviews and closes complaint files.
Communicates with local and international competent authorities, including generation and/or submission of medical device event reports as required by applicable local laws and regulations.
Assists local affiliates with the preparation and submission of medical device complaints and or incident reports, when required.
Coordinates and prepares responses to competent authority inquiry’s associated with medical device report submission (Serious Injury and/or Device Malfunction).
Participate in preparation for Notified Body audits and or Competent Authority inspections.
When required, support root cause investigations and participates in CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) activities.
Compiles case and process metrics.
Supports complaint handling trending activities.
Generates complaint data reports for other departments, when requested.
As required, supports department projects and/or participates in cross functional projects.
Generates periodic reports as requested per government agencies and/or Notified Bodies.
SCOPE OF POSITION The scope of this position is directly related to global complaint management and adverse event reporting responsibilities for all company medical device products as assigned. The position will include interaction and communication with doctors and patients as well as internal business stakeholders.
College degree required. Scientific or business related discipline preferred (Engineering, Science, etc.).
Knowledge of ophthalmic medical terms, Medical Device Reporting regulations, Vigilance Reporting regulations, GMPs for medical devices preferred.
Position requires strong written, oral and listening communication skills in order to interact with customer and other professionals.
Must be able to generate and organize clear, concise responses when communicating with various levels of management.
Superior organizational skills to be able to manage challenging deadlines.
Adjusts to change with minimum or no interruption.
Recognizes problems and suggests applicable solutions.
Able to perform job function with minor supervision and make independent decisions, where appropriate.
Proficient in the use of personal computers, including database management, trending and word processing.
Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience is required.
important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply