Database Administrator - Microsoft SQL Experience Preferred - IS Database Management - Full Time - First - req11540
The Database Administrator is senior team member who could also fulfill the role of a team lead who administers, manages, designs, documents, and evaluates a variety of database management systems; performs complex technical, analytical and professional services and problem resolution. Under minimal direction, has an advanced knowledge and capabilities in all duties as assigned to support the operation of Orlando Health Business Units
Bachelor’s degree required.Associate’s degree and two (2) years of directly related work experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section). Four (4) years of directly related work experience may also substitute for the Bachelor’s degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section)
- Eight (8) years' experience directly supporting enterprise level hardware and /or software systems with the ability to demonstrate technical and career succession of at least five (5) years at craftsmen level Database experience.
- Experience in designing, building, supporting and troubleshooting Oracle databases in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience with structured query language (SQL) used with relational database management systems (DBMSs).
- In certain assignments: Implement and configure advanced Oracle database security tools to follow industry best practices and meet company needs Audit Vault, Database Firewall, Database Vault, Data Masking, Data Redaction, Transparent Database Encryption.
- In certain assignments: Implement and configure advanced SQL Always - On services to follow industry best practices and meet company needs.
- Proficient in highly available, complex, enterprise database systems.
- Organize and report on all activities relating to the databases under their control.
- Lead resource to the other DBA’s and is considered a senior resource for the Database and Reporting Department.
- Evaluate, document, and design complex database hosting environments.
- Demonstrate high proficiency accomplishing a complete install of the database including required sub - components.
- Document and monitor the size and growth of a database and perform budget analysis on future requirements.
- Perform a back up and restore of a database and install the required components to monitor and insure completion.
- Perform advanced database tuning and make recommendations for OS changes as required.
- Perform advanced database troubleshooting.
- Apply and direct others to apply patches/upgrades per vendor instructions and develop a test plan to insure database integrity.
- Proficient in SQL Language, as well as the utilities used in the company’s environment.
- Clone databases to provide test/training environments.
- Possess understanding of data masking and scrubbing.
- Direct others in the effective maintenance of multiple database environments.
- Organize, plan and direct maintenance plans and downtimes as required.
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 20,200 employees who serve more than 97,000 inpatients, more than 2.5 million outpatients, and more than 4,800 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $360 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
Please send applications to: Email blocked - click to apply