About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
About Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with over $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $10 Billion in capital projects managed and over $500 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com).
The Senior Manager, Construction Operations is responsible for the overall leadership of the project management team, administrative staff and client relationship at one or more major client partnerships. The position is responsible for developing the overall vision, direction and execution of the institution's capital program and support services. This individual will continuously improve systems and process that elevate the program, improve communication and exceed our key performance metrics. Managing work assignment duties, employee development and ensuring the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from our various technical support groups are all critical elements around these capital projects. The position will have the responsibility for monitoring the allocation of human resources against a defined staffing plan. In addition to providing a team leadership role, the position is expected to have outstanding client interface and communication relationships and addressing challenges aggressively. The position acts as a key liaison to the client for Aramark and is responsible to collaborate with senior members in the development and implementation of strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage a team of professional staff in the delivery of construction and operational projects.
- Provide technical expertise and provide creative solutions pertaining to engineering, design, and construction means, methods, and materials
- Coordinate project activities with client departments such as Facilities Management, IT, Public Safety, EHS, Regulatory Affairs, Development, Events, and Senior Administration to ensure all parties are well-informed and that work proceeds on schedule with minimal impact.
- Prepare and manage project programs, budgets, and schedules.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination among the internal and external participants and stakeholders.
- Coordinate project training, turnover, and close-out activities
- Monitor work compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, Aramark standards, and contract requirements.
- Employee retention/development and staffing
- Manage projects such as additions, refurbishments, remodels, and new construction on Client properties. Clients range from, but not limited to, higher education, healthcare facilities, business, industry, sports facilities, and resorts as assigned.
- Management would include schematic planning through design, construction and closeout. Manage diverse group of constituents to initiate and deliver projects of high quality, balancing budget and schedule parameters.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for project requests and prepare comprehensive project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate technical activities on assigned projects.
- Solicit and review consultant and contractor proposals.
- Manage consultants and contractors to meet project parameters as contracted.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct project meetings during conceptual, design, and construction phases.
- Manage collection and filing of information pertaining to planning, design, pre-construction, agency approvals, construction documentation, and closeout packages, for corporate and client records.
- Recommend appropriate design and construction legal documents and contractual terms and conditions.
- Research, prepare, and present reports and presentations as requested. Conduct performance reviews on a recurring timeframe with client and Aramark leadership.
- Oversee and lead in the strategic and tactical elements of an archival system, including electronic document organization within a web-based PM software.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expected to have basic technical engineering (mechanical, plumbing, electrical) knowledge and awareness of details in order to be able to recognize when problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to assess and identify appropriate project resources and consultant needs across a variety of project types
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high level of service to multiple clients at multiple locations
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including executive, board, and cabinet members; faculty, staff and students; professional constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to manage diverse personnel, think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Working knowledge of permitting and inspection process
- Working knowledge of health inspection review and process for dining facilities
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials, identification, and remediation means & methods
- Must be able to travel 30-50%
- Minimum of 10-15 years of demonstrated success in leading people and projects
- Through understanding of the project management process (planning, design, construction, and closeout)
- Planning and scenario development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction-related program