To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
- Phone: email@example.com
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer - Traffic Engineer
GPAC • Kansas City, MO
Posted 2 months ago
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Civil Traffic Engineer for our client in Kansas City, MO. The successful candidate will enjoy: developing technical solutions to close client and staff relationships; providing creative approaches to project development; and a personal dedication to serving client needs.
Our partner offers competitive salaries, full health benefits, holiday pay, and PTO. The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Requires a minimum of a BS in Civil Engineering, MSCE preferred
- Requires at least 5 years of relevant experience in traffic engineering, transportation planning, and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required; Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred or possess the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with SYNCHRO, HCS, and other traffic capacity and analysis software
- Knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, VISSIM, CORSIM, or other software packages is preferred
Essential duties include:
- Serve, as required, as the Project Manager/Project Lead in the development of traffic studies and design plans, including traffic signal, roadway lighting, signing, pavement marking, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) infrastructure, construction sequencing, and traffic control plans.
- Provide technical assistance and quality control oversight on traffic engineering studies and design projects managed by other project managers and task leads.
- Performs highway operational analysis using programs such as CORSIM, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM Provide traffic engineering support to the local and national ITS practice area.
- Serve as the local office expert in their specific area(s) of expertise.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with traffic engineering, planning, and ITS clients.
- Assist with developing new business, pursuit of major projects, and local client relationships. Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
The position also requires experience in most of the following areas:
- Traffic Signal Design
- Intersection and Interchange Design Studies
- Transportation Planning
- ITS Infrastructure Design
- Roadway lighting design
- Signing and Pavement Marking Design
- Construction Sequencing and Traffic Control Design
- Crash analysis and Safety Studies
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Capacity software and Level of Service Analysis
- Design Concept Reports, Corridor Studies, and Preliminary Traffic Reports
- Evaluation of Alternative Design Concepts
- Preparation of Traffic and Safety Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
This is a permanent, full-time, direct-hire position.
Please carefully review position details and qualifications prior to applying.
My name is Ethan Schmidt and I place professionals at all levels across the country. To confidentially discuss the next step in your career, I encourage you to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.