Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a tenured Technician to join our Electrical team in Lake Forest, CA.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.Role & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing technical support for engineering staff, including performing duties related to testing. This position works under direct supervision.
• Setting up test apparatus
• Operating equipment
• Maintaining equipment and facilities
• Preparing test samples
• Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
• Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
• May draft technical reports
• May extract and compile engineering data
• May prepare project files for compliance with operating procedures
• May make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards
• May communicate with clients and management
• High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years directly related (electrical or mechanical) engineering experience required or;
• Associate's degree (Science or Engineering program) and 1+ year of directly related (electrical or mechanical) engineering experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
• Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
• Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
• Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.