To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10 North Pearl Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant Unit Manager
Greyhound • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Restaurant Unit Manager is responsible for planning and controlling all activities of a food service unit location in order to run a profitable operation while meeting financial, safety, health, and compliance objectives and/or regulations.
- Hires and maintains necessary staffing levels based on business needs.
- Creates work schedules and tracks employee time and attendance.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to employees in accordance with business needs.
- Ensures employees are properly trained (e.g. food handling, sanitation, safety procedures, customer service) and that employees have the necessary tools/equipment to perform the functions of their job.
- Evaluates employees and provides feedback regarding their work performance and conduct.
- Participates in company meetings, project implementations, and strategic initiatives as requested by upper management (e.g. safety meetings, employee recognition and reward programs, etc.).
- Fosters a positive working relationships with other departments, key personnel, vendors, etc. in order to increase operational efficiency.
- Communicates with subordinates and keeps them up-to-date of pertinent information via different modes (e.g. group meetings, written memorandums, postings, and/or individual discussions).
- Ensures all legal directives and company standards are being followed relating to the operation of a food service establishment (e.g. facility cleanliness and sanitation, food preparation, food quality standards, safety procedures, building/equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Analyzes and controls costs associated with hourly labor, food waste, unpopular or less profitable items, theft, etc.
- Performs various financial activities (e.g. cash handling, cash deposits, employee payroll, etc.).
- Performs some food service tasks (e.g. cooking, cleaning, taking orders, etc.) as necessary.
- Resolves customer complaints and employee relation issues (e.g. conducts investigations, provides feedback, disciplines employees, etc.).
- Maintains a detailed inventory of food, retail, and paper products and ensures that a sufficient par stock is available through proper ordering, receiving and pricing.
- Prepares and submits daily, weekly and monthly sales and operating reports (e.g. Daily Sales and Labor Reports (SPMH), Invoice Transmittal Sheets, Vending Logs, and Unit EOM Workbook).
- Maintains files and records in accordance with company policy and statutory law.
- Some College (preferred)
- Food Handler’s Certification
- 1-years Supervisory Experience
- 2-year Restaurant Industry Experience
- Administrative and Management Principles
- Accounting Principles
- Customer Service Principles
- Food Handling Requirements
- Customer Service Orientation
- Strong organization
- Numerical reasoning
- People and Process Monitoring
- Active Listening & Oral Expression
- Reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Proficient with Office software (e.g. Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to stand/walk 80% of the workday.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform pushing/pulling activities.
- Ability to bend/stoop, squat, and kneel/crouch/crawl
- Ability to climb, reach, and twist
- Flexibility to work on holidays and weekends.
- May be required to work 80% on the floor and 20% in the office.
- Able to wear safety equipment (e.g. Apron, goggles, heat resistant gloves, etc.)
- May be required to work 100% indoors in a food service environment, with noise/fumes, machines, cleaning chemicals, tools equipment and work aids.
- Travel 0-5%
Job Category: Restaurant - Food Service, Retail