To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brewton, AL 36426
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Axle & Manufacturing • Brewton, AL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleQuality Engineer
Job Description SummaryThe candidate will play a key role in the overall development of the product, providing constant improvements, and ensuring consistency of quality. The candidate will be expected to act as the main focal point with our contract manufacturing and AAM partners as well as internal engineering teams for all issues tied to the product.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes.
- Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring to include environmental and safety compliance.
- Collaborate with contract manufacturing partners (CM), OEM suppliers, quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing engineering, ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality improvement efforts through supplier scorecards and audits.
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Tech Line, and Field Op's to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools to correlate field returns through call center details.
- Develop weekly metrics on product quality, customer satisfaction, and call center statistics to be presented with analysis and action plans for improvement.
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Engineering/Manufacturing
- 3-5 years in Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering experience in Foundry or dealing with Cast products.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Proven root cause analysis mentality and experience
- Process development/control experience
- CAD experience
- PLM system experience
- Background as Contract Manufacturer would be an asset
- Electronics and/or mechanical engineering experience
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Working Experience
- Program Management – Working Experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.