Process Development Engineer
Location:Indianapolis, Global Business Headquarters
Top Reasons Why You Want to Work for Corteva as a Process Development Engineer:
* We provide numerous opportunities to build your skills.
* Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
* We offer a wealth of learning and development resources.
* 401k company match
* Company Bonus Plan
* 4 weeks of paid time off to start & paid holidays
* 16 weeks of Parental Leave starting in 2023
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Engineer located in Indianapolis, IN. The Process Development Engineer position is focused on Research and Process Development for new products in the developmental pipeline. Process Development connects process technologies to manufacturing opportunities and the business units that will implement them. Process development is the definition of chemical steps and engineering conditions to produce quality products reliably and cost-effectively, essentially orchestrating a set of unit operations into a manufacturing process. The activities of the discipline may be focused on the development of new process technology, the creation of cost estimation models, improvements of existing manufacturing processes, or quick scale-up of samples for application development.
The Process Development research group is seeking a chemical engineer to work in support of the development of new technology & unit operations. The processes developed must be safe, robust, reliable and low-cost to meet the quality and purity requirements of the agricultural industry.
Data generated from the process research efforts and the production of developmental quantities is used to help set final manufacturing specifications. The group works closely with process chemistry, commercial implementation, and manufacturing to ensure that new products are supplied on time and within customer expectations. The desired candidate should be effective at problem-solving, organizing data, and documenting/communicating results.
Process Development Engineer - Job Responsibilities:
* Co-Develop manufacturing processes and unit operations with process research chemists to meet business needs and timelines utilizing knowledge of separation, mixing, and reaction engineering fundamentals.
* Apply operating discipline and safe operating procedures for experimental programs which include Reactive Chemicals (RC)/ Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) reviews, pre-start-up reviews and addressing EH&S issues enabling safe operation.
* Collaborate across several functions to communicate and document results in a timely fashion.
What will You need as a Process Development Engineer?
* BS/ MS degree in chemical engineering or related field.
* 3-5 years of relevant process development & scale-up experience.
* Basic knowledge in chemical engineering fundamentals (e.g. unit operations, separations, distillation theory, fluid mechanics & mixing or reaction engineering).
* A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
* Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
Check out life at Corteva![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Process Development Engineer
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
- Business Requirements
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Problem Solving