To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Director
Vencore • San Diego, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore is seeking an experienced business development professional for the position of Director, Navy Business Development. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, Civilian and Defense Group, this individual will assist in the development and execution of Vencore’s overarching growth strategy for the U.S. Navy market with a focus on SPAWAR other key Navy commands. Specific customers will be those focused on systems engineering and integration, cyber security, agile software development, and data analytics capabilities.
The successful candidate is responsible for the identification, development, qualification, and prioritization of new opportunities as well as supporting high priority business re-competes as appropriate. This person will proactively meet with Navy customers and partners and actively participate in key captures and proposals. The successful candidate will have proven experience leading the identification and qualification of large opportunities, excellent industry/customer knowledge, a demonstrated track record of success leading large capture and growth initiatives, and proven success in winning large and complex solutions opportunities.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10-15 years of DoD/Navy experience with a significant understanding of the Navy market, how they procure development and engineering services as well as the specific capabilities list above.
- Minimum of 10 years of business development experience with a demonstrated track record of winning new business.
- Excellent communications skills are required as are good interpersonal skills and an ability to inspire confidence and provide the business development leadership to assigned accounts
Business Development Functional Knowledge in:
- Understanding of competitive intelligence and market analysis to provide deep customer understanding, in-depth competitor knowledge, and increased market awareness. Using competitive intel to understand customer’s explicit and implicit needs. And leveraging competitive intel to identify, develop, qualify, and ultimately win new business through competitive advantage.
- Having a breadth and depth of knowledge of the US Navy, specifically SPAWAR, with current business development contacts within multiple offices a plus.
- Conducting analyses of market opportunities and performing gap analysis between customer needs and current group offerings to identify potential future capabilities
- Developing strategies and tactical actions that results in a robust pipeline of qualified and actionable opportunities in the Navy market. Proven track record of creating an opportunity pipeline that resulted in winning large scale new programs ($50M+) within the Navy market
- Leading business development activities associated with identification, qualification, capture, and bid activities including defining win strategies, creating teaming plans, and identifying competitive discriminators
- Envisioning the interfaces, interdependencies, and activities between multiple programs and captures at the line of business and/or capability portfolio level
- Building and leading matrixed teams in pursuit of an opportunity
- Mentoring team members in the areas of opportunity identification, qualification, and capture
- Collaborating closely with the appropriate line division executives in the initial identification and qualification of potential opportunities, in obtaining personnel and technical resource to perform customer liaison and to reach a “bid/no-bid” decision for each opportunity
- High levels of professional curiosity and an innate desire to learn about customers, their environment, and their challenges
- A bias for action and an orientation toward solving rather than identifying problem areas.
- A well-developed concept of business development processes for complex systems solutions
- A deep understanding of the technical, fiscal, and contractual trends within the National Security market
- Full accountability for results
- Highest standards of integrity, honesty, teamwork and the ability to motivate teams to the highest levels of commitment and personal effort
Bachelor’s degree in Business of a relevant technical field (Masters/MBA preferred)