As an Environmental Inspector on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will work as part of a team to implement the Environmental Management Plan and environmental compliance for the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, Flatiron, and VINCI has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Environmental monitoring along all areas of the project, and follow up inspections on identified deficiencies in accordance with the SWPPP, SPCC, and all applicable environmental plans, permits, and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with the environmental team, the applicable construction supervisors, and construction crews.
- Effective implementation of the Environmental Management Plan, Site Specific Environmental Management Plans, and any other relevant environmental management documentation from the project on a day to day basis.
- Ensure environmental issues are identified, reported on and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit to the Environmental Team, and relevant construction managers all inspection reports, and communication materials in accordance with the contract.
- Actively support and participate in the health and safety and quality programs on the project.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years environmental compliance experience involving construction projects.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing Environmental Inspections and SWPPP inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of the scope of infrastructure projects
- General knowledge of project management processes
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Systematic and structured thinking skills
- Environmental qualification
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and phases of work
- Ability to obtain their Responsible Land Disturber (RLD) certification
- Ability to obtain their Erosion and Sediment Control Contractors Certification (ESCCC)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Environmental Resource Management