At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) is a retirement plan wholesaler position and is responsible for working through intermediaries to drive sales of the Ameritas Retirement Plan product line. This product line includes 401(k), 457, 403(b), MEPs, PEPs and other group retirement products. This position is responsible for attaining the assigned annual sales goal by developing, supporting, and driving sales through key strategic relationships. These key relationships will include Ameritas Broker Dealer (AIC) advisors, independent financial advisors, third party administrators and other key intermediaries. The RSD will partner with other Ameritas business units such as Agencies, Dental, and Group.
What you do:
* Prospect financial professionals, independent financial advisors, and TPAs for the sale of Ameritas Retirement Plan products and services in the designated region.
* Prepare and present proposals for Ameritas Retirement Plan products and services.
* Partner with internal wholesaler (Regional Sales Consultant) for territory development and management.
* Conduct qualified retirement plan presentations for Ameritas agencies and other distribution channels to encourage such producers to place their business with Ameritas Retirement Plan products and services.
* Prepare and submit all information required to establish a new or takeover retirement plan.
* Work with the Ameritas Implementation team to successfully install newly sold retirement plan business.
* Design and execute on a business plan that exceeds minimum expectations for activity and results.
* Act as liaison between the client and Home Office by providing local service to existing book of Ameritas Retirement Plan clients, as needed.
* Present enrollment materials for new and existing 401(k) plan enrollment/re-enrollment meetings as needed.
* Maintain a high level of qualified retirement plan expertise by attending continuing education classes in the RSD’s locale.
* Meet or exceed the annual sales objectives for the territory.
* The territory would include the states of Wisconsin, (St. Louis) Missouri, Illinois (excluding Chicago)
* Location preference of candidate: Milwaukee or Madison Wisconsin
What you Bring:
* A college degree or equivalent work experience, 3+ years of sales experience, are desired.
* Retirement plan and financial services knowledge and the ability to analyze complex situations.
* Proactive selling skills are essential.
* Life insurance license plus be a licensed Securities Representative (Series 6 or 7 and Series 63) or be willing and eligible to attain licenses within 6 months.
* Excellent verbal skills to communicate effectively to a wide array of distribution partners.
* Effective listening and troubleshooting skills.
* A high level of professionalism, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, accurate and reliable prioritization and time management, superior technical skills, and exemplary teamwork.
What we offer:
* Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
* Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
* We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
* A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
* Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Salary: Base salary plus variable compensation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Active Listening