To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
37 Sunset Inn Road
Lafayette Township, NJ 07848
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SUNRISE HOUSE Alcohol and Drug Counselor
American Addiction Centers • Lafayette Township, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for coordinating and providing individualized case management, group therapy and bio-psychosocial assessment services including group and counseling for clients within the facility. The Therapist will demonstrate expertise in case management, development of client resources, vocational counseling, discharge/continuing care planning, and placement of clients. The Therapist has the primary responsibility of maintaining communication with the referral source and other service providers as needed, as well as act as a liaison with the UR Department on all aspects of client care. In accordance with CADC compliance, Alcohol and drug counselor will meet for 1:1 supervision on a bi-weekly basis. American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that all of our clients receive the most comprehensive care to address the issues that may impede their recovery.
Reports to: Chief Clinical Officer/ Clinical DirectorResponsibilities
- Carrying out tasks in the therapeutic care
- Treatment and rehabilitation of chemically dependent persons and/or mental health problems
- Providing, facilitating in, and supervising individual and group counseling
- Working with other social agencies and managed care organizations, hospitals, clinics, courts, prisons and gatekeepers in planning to meet the needs of clients and assist them in utilizing these resources
- Preparing treatment plans, histories, writing letters, making reports and keeping records per licensure regulations
- Encouraging, reassuring and giving needed support
- Recommending educational and occupational training and/or possibilities for placement
- Provides regular individual, group, and lecture counseling sessions for all clients as required by regulatory agencies and mandated direct service time standards unit assignments will be respected
- Responsible for writing and submitting clinical summaries for UR one day prior to the review.
- Responsible for completing the master problem list, master treatment plan, master treatment plan reviews, aftercare recommendations, and discharge summaries in a timely manner
- Provide crisis intervention and referrals for clients in cooperation with the medical department and established agency guidelines
- Attend, participate, and when necessary, facilitate case consultations, special events, such as seminars, lectures, retreats, trips, workshops, etc.
- Initiates “discharge summaries' & 'aftercare plan' during the preliminary sessions with clients and closes client charts completing all required documentation
- Responsible for special reports and/or projects which may involve case consultation with other counseling and direct care staff
- Responsible for maintaining a valid appropriate professional certificates and credentials
- Attend all staff meetings
Team Leader Duties Assigned
- Arrange, ensure and provide coverage for Team due to staff illnesses, PTO’s, holidays etc.
- Arrange and ensure coverage of groups, lectures, 1:1 session and crisis management.
- Organize and co-run, with Utilization Review, Treatment Planning for team; ensure PC’s are prepared and organized for Treatment Planning.
- Be lead for all follow up needed from discussions coming out of AM Rounds.
- Be lead for all interventions required form discussions coming out of AM Rounds.
- Report to Chief Clinical Officer on follow up from interventions, clinical supervisions, etc.
- Responsible for actions and performance of team members. Responsible for solving minor to moderate issues requiring direction.
- Possible “on Call” duties for clinical crisis management for team members.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Drug & Alcohol counseling certification from an accredited institution.
- 2 years’ experience working in a substance abuse environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people and aid them in adjusting to their specific problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, family members, and other members of staff.
- Knowledge and experiences in running groups, meetings and/or activities.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.