Software Development Engineer in Test Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT Staffing Firm is supporting several SDET openings for a Fortune 500 client of ours in the Memphis area. We are targeting SDET candidates that are passionate about automated testing who can step into a role developing, designing and implementing automated and manual testing. This individual will be working closely with product owners, front end developers and backend developers as a pivotal member of a scrum team to drive a successful testing strategy.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send your resume to Ryan Peck, Technical Recruiter, at Email blocked - click to apply.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Location: Memphis, TN
Pay: Negotiable based on experience
- Own and support testing as a member of an agile software development team
- Review story requirements and interpret requirements to develop comprehensive testing strategies
- Critical thinking to translate complex application flows to test cases
- Design, develop and execute automated front end testing leveraging Java with WebDriver / TestNG.
- Design, develop and execute automated services testing leveraging Groovy scripting with JMeter / SoapUI /API.
- Contribute to Enterprise Test Automation Frameworks when needed
- Share in the ownership of consistently delivering highly functional and stable code.
- Provide accurate estimates for test strategy, design and execution work
- Apply an understanding of distributed systems to configure test environments and execute test plans.
- Document, communicate and escalate test results and defects
- Utilize Test Management tool to maintaining automated and manual test flows.
- Utilize Jenkins / Maven / Git / Stash for continuous integration and version control of automation artifacts.
- As needed, coordinate activities between US and remote testing teams.
- Be an advocate for new/expanded automation technologies and methodologies.
- Innovation is strongly encouraged and opportunities exist for leveraging existing automated testing capabilities to support non-traditional testing needs
- Be an advocate of technical and business domain knowledge sharing.
- Occasional off-hours support may be required.
- Demonstrated experience in test automation development, using frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Appium, Cucumber, Postman as well as REST/JSON APIs.
- Verifiable experience in building and deploying CI systems such Jenkins, Bamboo. Hands-on experience building CI automation pipelines using Jenkins, Docker.
- Data driven, with strong problem-solving skills with analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data.
- Knowledge of Cloud based Web Applications Architecture.
- Knowledge of deployment technologies with emphasis on AWS Cloud.
- Knowledge of using the Selenium Grid for parallel execution of Test Cases in Multiple Browsers
- Good understanding of the Extent Reports2.0, Eclipse IDE and Java for developing the Automation Scripts.
- Experience in developing Feature Files using Gherkins language for the BDD.
- Good Understanding of the CI and CD.
- Experience with the Postman, ReadyAPI with Groovy scripting to Test the APIs.
- Must have worked on the SQL queries and other Database scripts.
- Hands On knowledge of using the No-SQL databases like Couchbase etc.
- Knowledge of using the JMeter or BlazeMeter for the performance Testing of the APIs
- Thorough understanding of concurrency, threading, algorithms, and data structures
- Create and execute SQL queries and validate databases using an automation tool.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related Engineering field and minimum of 5+ years of experience with test automation tools and development in a product engineering organization
- 5-8 years of experience in Development experience using J2EE/Groovy Shell and DB SQL in Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience in BDD/TDD, Agile/SCRUM & DevOps team, developed and maintained test sets
- 5-8 years of experience in Micro services, Web services testing using SOAP and REST based service & XML, JSON. Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GIT and other relevant tools
- Automation Frameworks and Automating Test Cases using Commercial and Open source tools
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience with script and non-script based Functional tools such as Eclipse/IDE, Extent Reports, TestNG, Selenium, Test Complete, and QTP.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in creating frameworks that utilize and interact with Devops tools such as Couchbase, JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, Confluence, Ready API - Soap UI Pro, Ready API – ServiceV, Git, Jenkins
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Amazon Web Services
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)