Engineer needed in New Albany, Ohio.
1 year with potenital converstion to permanent available!
Please note: Sponsorship not available.
Candidates must also possess a Engineering degree from an ABET accredited universtiy.
All level engineers encouraged to apply!
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing engineering work activities related to capital substation, t-line, and telecom projects, requiring the application of best engineering practices in a safe, effective, efficient, economic, and on time delivery of construction packages. Responsible for managing transmission renewal programs for both station and line projects. This position requires working closely with the regional teams to identify, prioritize and justify supplemental renewal needs. This position may also support the Asset Renewal team in other efforts such as sparing strategy, physical security, data collection, and renewal portfolio management.
1. Technical Expertise: Possesses basic knowledge of multiple Transmission disciplines such as Station equipment, T-Line equipment, Protection and Control schemes, etc. Possesses familiarity with Transmission platforms such as Ecosys, IR Routing, Business Objects, TGIS, Scan View, ADX as well as applications such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point and Word.
2. Leadership & Guidance: Coordinates work activities with internal stakeholders such as Project Management, Transmission Field Services, Transmission Planning, Transmission Engineering, and Transmission Asset Performance (TAP) among others. Self-starter and performs assigned duties with minimal guidance from higher-level employees.
3. Planning and Organizational Skills: Keeps track of Renewal Portfolio (Renewal Programs) in assigned region. Works with Transmission Field Services and Transmission Planning to plan, identify and prioritize renewal projects for current and future years. Works with TAP, Project Sponsors and Project Management to closely monitor project progression and spend of Renewal Programs. Works closely with Project Sponsors to avoid project overlaps.
4. Problem Solving: Resolves and initiates solutions to routine problems, which usually require additional definition/clarification before analysis can begin. Demonstrates ability to identify problems that are beyond the normal routine. Demonstrates ability and desire to seek out opportunities and embrace new ideas and approaches.
5. Communication: Possesses good communication and presentation skills. The position requires the need to present often to internal stakeholders and be able to lead meetings.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Works well in a team environment. Networks with peers inside and outside of the system. Resolves conflict and builds consensus.
7. Decision Making: Makes decisions subject to review within established policies and procedures. Makes decisions that affect the work of the team. Aware of risks. Demonstrates the ability to extrapolate beyond known facts to reach logical conclusions.
8. Business Awareness & Characteristics: Understands organizational structure and the specific role and responsibility of their individual organizational unit. Demonstrates an understanding of the budgeting and approval process. Is proficient in the application and use of economic analysis techniques in problem solving. Develops an understanding of utility regulation and financing.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Complex Problem Solving