You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Paraprofessional Elementary Autism Support
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools in Reading, PA (New Holland Rd location) is seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff, who will work collaboratively with Special Education teachers and Behavior Analysts to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Staff will provide Autism support to students in grades K-6.
- Assist with the implementation of the student's Individualized Education (IEP)
- Assist students within the classroom/program setting during participation in special subjects such as Physical Education, Vocational programs, and Field trips.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Paraprofessional Elementary Autism Support
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Paraprofessional Elementary Autism Support.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Paraprofessional Elementary Autism Support, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
- 3+ months experience working in a school or program for individuals with special needs to which they are assigned
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better in Psychology or related field
- Bachelors or better in Human Services or related field
- Crisis Intervention
- People Services
- Strategic Thinking
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 35624936796
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.