Kforce has a client hiring for a Splunk Engineer in Washington, District of Columbia (DC).
The Splunk Engineer will provide support for design, architecture, development, unit test, deployment, installation, configuration, integration, operation, and maintenance supporting the expansion of the environment to include architecting Search Head, Indexer, and Forwarder instances needed to service the expanding enterprise demand expected on the Splunk System.
- Splunk infrastructure and application administration
- Splunk ingestion, connector and syslog engineering/management and support across applications, server, database, and mainframe systems
- Support for Gaudium SQL database auditing ingestion into Splunk
- Advanced event analysis and use of Splunk as a business tool
- Communications with stakeholders and customers to understand and address business requirements and expectations for the use of Splunk
- Content use cases, categorization files, filters, reports, queries, dashboards, rules, and Active Channels depending on the COTS product
- Architecting and deploying clustered/distributed Splunk Enterprise 7. x implementations to large, complex customers
- Administering Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new/custom Apps to perform specialized functionality
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools that use various protocols
- Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements
- Performing advanced searching and reporting to help customers with the implementation specialized/custom dashboards
- Minimum of 2 years supporting Splunk
- Experience in implementation of Glass Tables via ITSI is needed
- Experience with software development, system architecture, and/or databases a plus
- Expertise with Splunk Enterprise and ability to demonstrate support for premium solutions such as Enterprise Security, User Behavior Analytics, and IT Service Intelligence
- Requirements analysis, data modeling, and implementation of the Splunk Enterprise Security, User Behavior Analytics and IT Service Intelligence solutions from Splunk
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple instances and modules of Splunk
- Splunk admin certification or higher (preferred)
- Candidates must be currently based in the DC area or able to travel 50-60%
- Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Use Programming Language