At M&T Tech
, we're a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We're not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We're building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions, write high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow's bank, today. The Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Team
delivers and supports all the foundational technology used across M&T Bank. Supports Two Data Centers, 1 Service Desk, 32,000 End User Computing devices, 14,000 Distributed platforms, 24 Mainframe Regions and process approximately 635,000 automated jobs per month. In addition to that foundational technology level, we also own and deliver End User & Collaboration tools with a focus on Ease of Use for the individual employee. We deliver innovative, and compelling technology solutions to enhance the internal customer experience that enables our business partners to deliver.Job Description
Responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and enhancement of CICS system software for z/OS and related infrastructure. Perform day to day administrative and support functions for all CICS environments, including monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting. Ensures operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Participates in architecture discussions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead architect in project work in cross-functional teams; lead technical team within a project, driving the design of efforts. Research new and existing technologies to deliver best of breed technology to keep the Bank current and competitive in the market.
- Attend vendor sponsored conferences as a representative of the Bank to seek out industry technology to utilize at the Bank. Provide thought leadership at vendor-sponsored conferences; presenting new technologies or providing industry leadership in new technologies.
- Review training opportunities that are available and make recommendations.
- Complete maintenance activity, including patching, health checks, operating system updates, validation of changes, and maintenance of operational and configuration standards following standard operating procedures.
- Research options when anomalies occur and choose best course of action; identify root cause of analogies in procedure.
- Schedule complex system changes to reduce operational risk.
- Provide after hour support as required for project implementations or responding to incidents. Determine root cause, identify permanent resolution and implement the fix. Facilitate discussion amongst team members during an incident and provide direction to less experienced staff to complete tasks to resolve the issue.
- Complete final review and approval of documentation created or updated by less experienced staff. Participate with management in creating documentation for senior management.
- Use tools to help automate processes and make systems more efficient, manageable, available, and secure.
- Drive discussion and direction with support capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with Engineering and Architecture. Participate with management to present recommendations to senior management.
- Respond to and resolve incidents; work with vendor to identify and implement fix. Provide guidance to less experienced staff. Identify root causes of system issues and work with partner teams to fix the root cause. Use advanced diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Provide expert problem-solving of technical incidents based on mastery of system and adjoining systems.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Strong background in understanding CICS concepts and architecture, with the ability to modify or install CICS components.
- Mainframe environment involves: z/OS, TSO/ISPF, USS, ACF2, VTAM, TCP/IP, ABEND-Aid, Xpediter, Strobe and OMEGAMON.
- JCL, SMP/E, CICS CEMT/CEDA/CECI commands, TSO, ISPF, SDSF.
Education and Experience Required:
- Programming Languages - Assembler, COBOL, REXX
- Strong experience with CICS System/Application debugging, tuning and performance monitoring tools
- Good working experience with CICS multi-region operation (MRO)
- CICSPlex and CICS Web Services experience are a plus
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or related work experience
- Experience reading and digesting technical information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interpreting and/or discussing information with others, including senior management, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
- Strong customer focus, including proven experience managing customer needs and multiple work priorities
- Proven experience leading technical teams toward a common goal or project within a larger project Strong project management experience
- Master's degree in technology-related field
- Combined minimum of 20 years' higher education and/or related work experience
- Certifications or special training in Related Technologies
System Display And Search Facility (Sdsf)
Interactive System Productivity Facility (Ispf)
Customer Information Control System (Cics)
Access Control Facility
Rexx (Programming Language)