Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. Drives and parks diesel buses in a maintenance setting under direct supervision.
- Drives, maneuvers, and parks vehicles
- Cleans shop areas, fueling stations, and related facilities
- Reports any maintenance issues to supervisor
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license with a minimum of one year of driving experience and a good driving record
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with a Passenger endorsement within 30 days of hire
- 1 year or more of janitorial or auto detailing experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken instructions
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data Sheets and all other safety training materials provided
- Ability to learn shop processes
- Strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise. May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-11110
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 460
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services