To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McAllen, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Alfredo Gonzalez Veterans Home - Texas State Veterans Home • McAllen, TX
Posted 11 days ago
When you join Touchstone Communities®, you join a group that believes glorifying God and in honoring Him through our thoughts and actions in caring for seniors every day. We work together to make a real difference in the lives of residents, their families, and The Touchstone family of Team Members. If you share our purpose and vision, we would like to meet you.
Cook– Full Time & Part Time
Purpose of this position:
The purpose of this position is to prepare and provide food service to residents in a cost-effective, efficient manner to safely meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Prepare residents’ diets in accordance with diet orders and daily menus.
- Assist the food service supervisor to determine the amount and type of food necessary to prepare the daily menus.
- Monitor use of food to eliminate waste.
- Follow posted menus for food preparation.
- Stock food in compliance with dietary policies and procedures.
We offer outstanding benefits for Full Time !
Competitive compensation ~ PTO ~ Tuition Reimbursement ~ Matching 401(K) ~ Health & Dental Available ~ Life & Supplemental Insurances ~ Team Member Chaplain ServicesPosition Requirements
- Preferably high school diploma or GED
- Preferably have at least one year prior experience in food service in long term care.
- Experience in Long Term Care or Hospital setting a plus !
- Experience in Customer Service when dealing with patients and their families a plus !