Bowhead seeks a Communications/Graphics Support Specialist with graphics experience in strategic communications to join our team. The primary support will be to Commander Fleet Readiness Center (COMFRC) and secondary to Global Sustainment Vision at NAS Patuxent
• Create and edit articles, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, digital news pieces, message maps and other written content to stimulate internal and external interest in command accomplishments and enhance understanding of the command, its workforce,
• Help leadership communicate effectively with the organization’s nationwide workforce and general public
• Draft talking points and presentations as well as creating graphics for the organization’s leadership and subject matter experts
• Ability to create graphics to provide timely multi-media, desktop publishing, and presentation support to meet communication requirements.
• BS or BA degree in communication, journalism, or a related writing-intensive field
• 5 years of experience as a communications professional
• Familiarity with change management and risk communications highly desired
• Must have a solid command of writing articles, captions and other products in Associated Press style
• Experience in creating and executing internal or external focused mass communications plans required
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Prior experience supporting DoD or government agency preferred
• Experience utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud for graphics is desired
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In
furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants,
based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Communications Specialist/Graphics Support Specialist
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Communications Specialist/Graphics Support Specialist
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41