Operating Room Registered Nurse of Surgical Services at South Seminole Hospital (DAY) req10548 - South Seminole Hospital
South Seminole Hospital is a 206-bed, full-service, medical/surgical community hospital located in scenic Longwood, Florida. The hospital is a part of Orlando Health and serves the residents of Seminole County, Florida. Our team is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services and programs to meet the needs of our community. We use the latest equipment, perform the most advanced medical procedures and offer prevention, wellness and community outreach services. The hospital is also home to one of Orlando Health’s three Air Care Team helicopter bases, allowing critical patients to be transferred to ORMC’s Level I Trauma Center. South Seminole Hospital is home to Orlando Health Behavioral Healthcare, an 80-bed psychiatric hospital. Patients suffering from mental and addictive disorders, such as major depressive disorders, depression and bipolar disorder to schizophrenia, as well as addictive behaviors stemming from drug and alcohol use, are treated at this facility. The facility has three adult units, a unit for adolescents and children, and a unit for adults requiring an intensive level of care.
The South Seminole Surgical Services Department includes the Department of Anesthesia, Operating Room Suites (six  O.Rs), the Pre-Admission Testing, Endoscopy, Pre-Anesthesia Care Area, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Sterile Processing Department (SPD). The Post Anesthesia Care Unit has 18 beds.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Operating room at South Seminole Hospital with the following qualifications:
Twelve months hospital RN experience. OR experience (1 year) highly preferred.
Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification are required.
ACLS, NRP, PALS are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN preferred.
NOTE: Variable Full Time (Between 30 – 39 hours). Day shift. Schedules will include weekends and holidays (ON CALL). Call required.
The RN Clinical Nurse II provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Seminole County is the third wealthiest county in Florida and the schools are renowned for excellence. Money magazine identified Seminole County schools as one of the top 100 school districts in the nation in terms of offering high quality education in a moderately priced community.
Orlando Health and our family of hospitals have received numerous awards and accolades recognizing our commitment to healthcare excellence.
- IBM/Watson Health Top 100 Hospital.
- Modern Healthcare “Best Place To Work”
- Orlando Health is recognized as the 2018 Workplace of the Year by The Advisory Board Company.
- Orlando Health is recognized as 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018 by Becker's Hospital Review.
- Over $125,000 invested in community support directly in Seminole County in 2018.
- $20+ million in renovation to Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital campus with projects including new lobby, café and cath lab.
- $64 million investment in Lake Mary to build a new Freestanding Emergency Room and Medical Office Building. Project will also create a $142 million economic impact for Lake Mary and surrounding Seminole County.
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) recognizes the South Seminole Hospital Intensive Care Unit at Orlando Health with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence.
- South Seminole Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by the American College of Cardiology (ACC), the nation’s experts on cardiovascular care.
- South Seminole Hospital received Heart Failure Accreditation from the American College of Cardiology for its demonstrated quality and commitment in treating patients with heart failure.
- The Wound Care Center at South Seminole Hospital received national awards in 2017 for continued clinical excellence in wound healing. The center was recognized with a Robert A. Warriner III Center of Excellence award for achieving patient satisfaction rates higher than 92 percent, a healing rate of at least 91 percent in less than 30 days and several other quality standards for two consecutive years. The awards were presented by Healogics, Inc., America’s largest provider of advanced wound-care services.
- The Leapfrog Group names Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital top hospital of 2015 for quality and safety standards.
Please send applications to: [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply