Working with the Environmental Contamination, Assessment and Remediation group this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Delivery and accountability for technical assignments and design of a variety of environmental remediation projects
- Investigation and report writing
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
We are seeking someone who has a strong network within the industry and ability to translate those relationships into wining work; and demonstrated experience in leading significant projects. You will have a positive relationship based approach, and enjoy playing a leading role in the commercial success of the group. You will focus on expanding GHD’s investigation and remediation services in Southern California outside of the oil and gas market. This position will play a lead role across expanding the investigation and remediation services in Southern California, leveraging existing client relationships and developing new relationships that result in new work. It is also a project-focused role responsible for the management and technical oversight for environmental assessment and remediation projects, requiring independent assessment and decision making related to investigation and remediation of hazardous chemicals. Responsibilities:
- Strong client focus, including assisting with the preparation of competitive proposals and client interviews/presentations. Ability to build and maintain exceptional client relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including strong report writing skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to deliver on time and within budget, managing conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong team player, experience working in multi-discipline teams, cooperate with open sharing of information and knowledge; ability to work independently when required
- Experience mentoring staff and co-workers - Business Development –actively contribute to the growth of the investigation and remediation team across Southern California, leveraging existing client relationships and technical experience and pursuing new client relationships
- Communicate regularly with the client, obtaining two way feedback and input
- Enhance the client relationship through responsiveness, effective communication, quality and timely project delivery
- Ensure GHD’s values are lived by the project team
- Regularly brief the Project Director on project performance
- Through the Associate, assemble the project team and regularly review the project - Agree resource schedules with Associate and Principal
- Brief, lead, manage and work with the project team to achieve the project outcomes - Give and receive feedback from Associate and Principal on the performance of group members on the project team
- Assist with mentoring and development of more junior co workers - Ensure the safety of those involved on the project - Facilitate the resolution of issues between team members
- Illustrate support and compliance with the requirements of the GHD Health and Safety Management System and Management Participation Matrix
What you will bring to the team
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or related field; Master’s Degree considered a plus - Registered Professional Geologist (PG) in the State of California
- Minimum of 15+ years of investigation and remediation project experience, preferably within the consulting industry, with a proven track record and a demonstrated project portfolio across Southern California
- Business development experience in Southern California, with strong client relationships and technical experience that can be leveraged to win new work.
- Strong experience across geological design, investigations, risk assessments, and corrective action planning installation, including previous exposure across the design, installation and operation of soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Experience in the industrial or municipal markets with specific experience investigating and remediating chlorinated solvents
- Active member of relevant professional Associations
Our commitment to you
- Proven experience in delivering Environmental remediation projects and good understanding of industry standards
- Your experience in compiling scoping briefs of technical specifications
- Your experience of providing technical recommendations for bids as well as writing and crafting proposals for projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.