Manages client relationships and daily administration of assigned Global Capital Markets (GCM) accounts that may have significant complexity and risk, including all administrative, operational and risk management activities for GCM transactions. Serves as main point of contact with the client and internal and external service partners to follow short and long-term strategies to achieve sustainable earnings growth and compliance with Bank and Division strategic plans. Participates in development and delivery of innovative products and/or services. Works with internal business partners as appropriate. Demonstrates a thorough and expert understanding of duties in the market and related controls.Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Monitor relevant administrative and operational systems, databases and activity related to accounts of moderate to complex level of risk, to ensure accounts are setup and operating within established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review, analyze and provide comments to counsel related to negotiation and drafting of operative documents and agreements for assigned accounts.
- Ensure coordination of activities related to monitoring risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for assigned accounts with Legal, Risk, Compliance and/or Audit as required. Research and resolve issues related to control and client service aspects of assigned accounts in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction, working with appropriate internal and external resources as required.
- Work with external parties, including attorneys, financial advisors, interested parties and alliance/service partners, to structure and close GCM transactions in a timely manner.
- Complete various account administration activities of moderate to significant intricacy, complexity and risk including, timely cash flow execution and fee billing, internal and external reporting and tickler processing.
- Participate, along with GCM Sales, in sales calls to current and prospective clients, either in-person or over the phone and prepare fee proposals to support new business opportunities. Evaluate fees for suitability and conformance with fee schedules. Partner with Fee Billing to monitor and timely collect aged receivables.
- Manage relationships, cultivating current and prospective clients and referral sources to uncover opportunities and potential sources of new business.
- Provide coverage and support for other Relationship Managers within assigned Section/Unit as required by absence.
- Represent GCM at transaction closings, attend and chair client meetings and presentations and prepare related relevant documentation to support the attraction, retention and expansion of client relationships.
- Represent GCM and/or lead departmental projects and Corporate initiatives on a periodic basis.
- Participate on Divisional and Departmental projects as assigned at a strategic and tactical level and inclusive of product development, fee structures, service delivery and policy and procedures.
- Direct and/or monitor less experienced Relationship Managers and Client Administrators in the timely execution of cash flows, fee billing, internal and external reporting and tickler processing.
- Work with management to identify opportunities to enhance GCM's control environment, existing and new products, internal coordination and collaboration and client service model and implement enhancements as requested to improve business results, client service and efficiency.
- Advise and work with management on any actual or potential product changes, such as adverse court or regulatory rulings, competitive landscape changes and changes to market provisions in agreements, that may affect GCM's ability to sustain its' control environment, future profitability and growth to ensure pro-active responses to identified issues.
- Supervise and mentor others in their managerial group.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' client service experience in Global Capital Markets products or markets,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years' client service experience in Global Capital Markets products or markets
High level of proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software
High proficiency and experience reading, analyzing and interpreting legal documents
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages
Familiarity with corporate structures, relevant laws and regulations
Strong problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Strategic thinking skillsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of 2 years' supervisory and/or work leadership experience
CCTS (Certified Corporate Trust Specialist) certification
Working knowledge of pertinent specialized internal software applications
Demonstrated sense of ownership in jobs or projects
Provide Expert Consumer Insight
Drive Development Strategy
Execute Marketing Plan