To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburg, KS 66762
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AZZ incorporated • Pittsburg, KS
Posted 29 days ago
Keeping in mind that the Materials Department’s primary mission is to provide total support to plant operations our material handlers are also responsible for the receiving and the visual inspection of inbound shipments of steel product, customer furnished materials, and other goods that are not normally stored within the confounds of the stockroom and for maintaining good stock keeping practices thereof. Material handlers are also responsible for the pick, loading and writing of cut cards for raw materials and component parts that may be furnished to our Sub-Contractors Service Providers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
- Become proficient in the basic duties of the Stockroom Clerk and the Receiving Clerk, as part of the Materials Department cross training program. Become prepared to act as their back up in case of absences or times of high activity.
- Always utilize the utmost in safety precautions, when using plant equipment as well as when performing all other duties. Report any equipment or storage practices that you deem to be unsafe, to management immediately, prior to proceeding with a task that you perceive to be unsafe.
- Inbound shipments, prior to our acceptance, must be visually inspected for physical damage or for possible pilferage. If pallets or bundles appear to have been opened or physical damage is noted, it then becomes necessary to involve Quality Assurance or Management in the decision to accept the shipment. Any and all findings relating to shortages or damage must be clearly noted on the freight bill or on any other documents that must be signed, indicating our receipt.
- After verification of count quantities and the nomenclature of a receipt, assure that all containers of product, that have been purchased as job specific or customer furnished materials, are clearly marked with our P.O. number if applicable, and the job number prior to moving the material to a bulk storage area.
- Assist shop personnel as required, in the movement of inventory from our bulk storage areas to the point of use.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (list below, if applicable):
A. Equipment Used: Ability to become a licensed lift truck operator and train in operating overhead cranes.
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: None
C. Knowledge/Skills: Must be able to develop an attitude of accounting for company property and inventory, as if were actual cash money, which in fact, it represents. Must be capable of learning to inquire and perform simplistic key entries utilizing our computer and current software system.
D. Education/Experience: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Further consideration would be given to those individuals with a minimum one (1) year previous experience, in a similar materials control capacity.
E. Language Skills: Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
F. Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills
G. Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
H. Attendance Requirement: Regular attendance required during plant hours.
I. Travel Requirement: None
J. Physical Demands: Lifting: moderate, Reaching: Light, Stooping/Kneeling: Moderate and Climbing: Light
K. Work Environment: Un-air conditioned factory/plant.