Act as a customer service expert primarily handling inbound calls from internal and external commercial customers. Resolving customer inquiries including transaction confirmation, training, and first level technical support related to products we support. Primary liaison for customers in situations requiring research and follow up. Identify customer needs and generate sales leads for additional service/product opportunities. Requires premier servicing skills in addition to utilizing excellent oral and written communication skills.Position Responsibilities:
• Receive incoming customer calls from M&T Bank Commercial Customers, CEO level individuals, using premier customer service and telephone skills.
• Answer inquiries and resolve customer issues for all products and services we support.
• Complete ownership of inquiries; ensure delivery of high quality resolution for the customer. Research and follow up until resolution utilizing forms or outbound calls as needed.
• Handle training calls teaching commercial customers how to utilize on-line products as well as supporting first level technical trouble shooting including web applications and hardware functionality, log on problems, and password resets.
• Utilize a wide range of technology. Ability to navigate related software and systems, web applications, mainframe applications, and appropriate documentation to resolve inquiries.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including CEO level customers, senior management, and internal partners such as relationship managers, sales, product, and operations in a professional manner.
• Must possess a flexible communication style with the ability to deliver a message in a style that meets the needs of the customer.
• Ability to multi-task and have great attention to detail, understand urgency in processing time sensitive items.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable. Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with M or regulatory standards and policies.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Extensive personal computer skills a must. Mastery of all related software programs and mainframe applications required.Nature and Scope:
• Commercial Service Team encompasses direct support of the following: Treasury Management customers, operations, sales and product management, as well as Branches, Information Technology, Commercial Bank regional customer service, and relationship managers and liaisons. The ability to impact the Bank's mission is through providing a competitive advantage in delivering premier service to the largest commercial customers. By supporting the servicing needs and making a positive experience for each customer we service; the relationship with the bank as a whole, customer retention, sales opportunities, and bank profitability are all positively influenced.Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 year customer service or related work experience; or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 3 years higher education and/or work experience including 1 year of customer service or related work experience.
• Personal computer skills required with the ability to learn software programs and mainframe applications (PC knowledge and multi-screen management required).
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to balance inbound calls with necessary follow up and research work.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Demonstrated ability to interact and build rapport with customers.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem solving capability.
• Must be flexible with the ability to interact with customers, peers and management in a professional manner.
• Treasury Management experience.
Customer Relationship Management