To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Belvoir, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Java / UI Developer - DoD
Unisys Corporation • Fort Belvoir, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Java Developer to join our team at Ft Belvoir, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will perform programming, research, analysis, and provide support for the Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS) projects for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
- 5 years of Jave / UI Deverlopment experience
- Performs research, analysis, and programming support to modify existing Delphi, ColdFusion, Flash and ActionScript functionality while moving from WebServer to desktop applications.
- Perform software engineering and integration in accordance with all applicable DTRA and DoD standards, industry best practices and conventions, and in compliance with DoD standard architectures and interoperability/supportability requirements tailored for the DSMS programs
- Analyzes and modifies existing database SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures and generate new stored procedures as required.
- Participates in software and database design analysis.
- Assists with analysis and documentation of user requirements.
- Participates in peer reviews and mentoring activities within the development team.
- Performs unit testing of individual modules prior to it being released to the Quality Assurance team.
- Create/update documentation for all work performed.
- Performs all other work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD TS clearance required
- Advanced degree of analytical ability.
- Knowledge of CMMI policy and procedures for software development
- Advanced skills in problem solving.
- Advanced skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate skills in database design and concepts.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- CompTia Security+
- B.S. Degree required and 5 years relevant experience or equivalent.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.