To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
Abraxas (A GEO Company) • San Antonio, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Facility: HECTOR GARZA CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This entry level position monitors clients during the overnight shift in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, this position assists in the management of the morning wake-up routine by directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
- Interacts and supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Conducts and documents head count/bed checks in accordance with facility standards.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Supervises morning routine on the unit; provides guidance during morning hygiene, cleaning activities, and group meetings.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Escorts clients between locations within the facility such as the medical office, bathroom, or group room.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Implements and supports the company’s mission and philosophy; follows the company’s policies regarding professional expectations, code of conduct, and other practices and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Reviews client files for proper documentation, when necessary.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED. (Detention unit employees shall have an Associate’s degree or sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college or university.)
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.