To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princess Anne, MD 21853
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Agricultural Communications & Media Associate
University of Maryland Eastern Shore • Princess Anne, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The School of Agricultural and Natural Sciences (SANS) seeks applicants for the position of AgriculturalCommunications & Media Associate.This a twelve month, full-time extension position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The position will operate under the purview of the Director for Media and Communications within SANS and will provide support the UMES Extension Program which is a component of an integrated cooperative extension program that is coordinated by the two land grant universities in the in the state of Maryland. The agricultural communications & media associate for Extension is, therefore, responsible for supporting the agricultural communications specialist in supporting the organization's various programs and in managing the dissemination of the Extension's message to clients, legislators, homeowners, farmers, agribusinesses, commodity groups, and governmental agencies. The agricultural communications specialist works closely with the UMES administration and with the Office of Public Relations in planning a comprehensive and strategic public relations program based upon the specific goals of the University. In doing so, the communications specialist produces marketing pieces, publications, news releases, public services announcements, advertisements, social media posts, set ups for meetings and more.
The key responsibilities for the position include:
- Writes and edits news releases and feature stories for Extension's newsletter, magazine, and program brochures, as assigned;
- Processes media calls and serves as liaison between Extension personnel and the news media when needed;
- Manages information technology projects (i.e., smart boards, videoconferencing technology, handheld devices, and various other equipment and services) in collaboration with UMES' central Information Technology office.
- Manages internal records (press releases, clippings, photos, faxes, purchase orders, etc.);
- Manages and builds mailing lists for Extension program events and publications;
- Supports social media efforts.
- Manages student interns.
- Manages meet room setup.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with several years of experience in communications/outreach work. Extension experience a plus.
- Familiarity with various communication strategies and methods including developing written materials/briefings, website design and development, brochure development, layouts, social media, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in photography and videography desirable.
- Experience in managing or facilitating technology projects and meeting room setup.
- A Master's degree in communications/outreach work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Candidate should be comfortable completing repetitive tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three current, professional references to include e-mail address and telephone number. All applicants must apply using the new online application system. Please click Apply Now to submit resume. The successful candidate must be able to accept employment in the United States without Employer Immigration sponsorship.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.