To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vienna, VA 22180
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Navy Federal Credit Union • Vienna, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To analyze, determine, and complete building maintenance requirements pertaining to construction, alteration, installation, and repairs. To serve as project manager for Building Maintenance projects.
1. Analyzes, determines, and completes building maintenance requirements. Building maintenance requirements can include construction, alteration, installation, and repairs of buildings (headquarters, metro branches and the annex), equipment and furnishings. Constructs cabinets, shelves, and other specialty items. Performs preventive maintenance on the building and its furnishings. Manages the Equipment Maintenance Program for the section through the coordination of the following responsibilities: developing and maintaining a preventive maintenance checklist for the section's equipment, instructing section personnel on preventive maintenance procedures, and monitoring compliance with preventive maintenance procedures. Trains section and non-section employees in the operation of equipment. Researches, documents, communicates, and observes compliance of NFCU, local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines pertaining to building maintenance. May be designated by management as Lead/Forman of team.
2. Serving as the project manager for building maintenance projects, coordinates and directs the work of assistants and contractors. Conducts job analysis to determine the need, scope, and cost effectiveness of utilizing contracted services. Selects contract candidates to participate in a competitive bidding process. Given cost and quality of work, recommends the most qualified candidate. Works closely with the customer, contractor, and various levels of NFCU employees to ensure scheduled completion of project, resolving problems as necessary. Reviews technical documentation and blueprints provided by outside architects/engineers and contractors. Inspects work of external contractors and vendors for quality and adherence to contract specifications. Provides technical guidance to personnel in other building trades (Electrical Services, Mechanical Services).
3. Completes work orders which are initiated by NFCU employees at all levels and assigned by the Supervisor, Maintenance Services. Duties vary according to the work order, but can range from fixing a lock to repairing a sub-floor. Assembles, disassembles, and repairs office furnishings and partitions following manufacturer instructions. Notifies customer when work has been completed.
4. Inspects building systems (i.e. roof, flooring, finishes, architectural elements) and diagnoses structural problems, malfunctions, or desired alterations. Notifies supervisor verbally or in writing. Determines and makes appropriate repairs.
5. Makes recommendations to the Supervisor Maintenance Services concerning safety issues, code compliance, and the assignment of apprentices on projects.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge, skill and successful performance of job functions at the journeyman level
• Successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program for carpenters or formal training equivalent
• Valid Driver's license
• Thorough knowledge of local, state and national building codes
• Knowledge of the tools, mathematics, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the carpentry trade
• Ability to work from ladders, platforms and hard to reach areas
• Ability to read and interpret work schedules and directions, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings and manufacturer manuals
• Ability to work independently and as a team member to gain the cooperation of others
• Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift, move, and set-up tools, equipment and furniture weighing in excess of 50lbs
• Extensive commercial electrical maintenance experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
10:00AM-8:30PM, Tuesday-Friday, 4 days a week with occasional weekend work required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability