Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Wellmed’s Claims platform focus and membership growth is expected to double over the next 3 yrs. Positioning a senior software engineer within the development team focused on X12 formats, which is the standard used for health insurance transactions in the US, is key to receiving and returning files from all delegated partners. Having the ability to provide x12 solutions Improves and expands our organization to be more flexible in driving quality and revenue in the future.
Here at WellMed, a Senior Software Engineer takes ownership of building, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, and code maintenance for various application types. They share some infrastructure responsibilities, take the lead on deployment, and help drive standards with Lead Engineers and the rest of the team.
A Senior Engineer will understand and promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service-oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security. They are highly valued and trusted team members that greatly influence design and implementation decisions.
You will be responsible for addressing mission critical problems while championing architectural decisions that facilitate the work of the teams and our business as a whole.
Success will depend on good time management to implement designs along with your team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- With direction, analyzes and understands functions to be automated or modified, business needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data management, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment(s), and interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Creates and documents functional and technical specifications. Converts designs and specifications into computer code. Tests and performs quality assurance activities and assists senior and lead developers ensure the delivery of quality products and services
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities. Researches and evaluates existing software and hardware tools and applications to assist in programming or to use as program platforms
- Produces detailed system, application, data flow, and other documentation. Documents and, at times, performs training for end users in the application of the designed programs
- Monitors application performance, making any changes to maximize the performance and reliability of new and existing applications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related, technical field (4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of applications development experience
- 3+ years of experience with C#, ASP.NET/.NET Core
- 2+ years of experience with SQL (MySQL/MS SQL/Oracle), and SSIS packages
- Familiar with Scrum and an agile development environment like Azure DevOps
- Good object-oriented software design skills & solid computer science understanding
- Unit testing and development in Visual Studio
- Experience with EDI and healthcare payer systems
- Experience with the Service Now platform
- Experience in creating and maintaining DevOps tools - provision scripts, deployment tools, staged virtual environments
- Detailed understanding of EDI Healthcare transaction sets, e.g., 270/271, 277/278, 820, 834, 837 I/P/D, 835, 999
- Knowledge of XML/x12 processing (and related technologies)
- Working knowledge of Docker and .net framework
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.