The H&K Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced licensed Geologist (P.G.) in our Skippack-based Engineering & Environmental Services Division. This full-time, salaried position is a part of our team providing geologic, mining, environmental, and engineering services to both in-house divisions (quarries and contracting companies) and outside Clients. Specific project responsibilities will be office and field based, primarily in the aggregate mining sector and to a lesser extent in the environmental sector.
The candidate must have strong office and technical skills in order to perform the following work assignments:
- Writing, compilation, and management of surface mining, NPDES, and other regulatory permit application projects
- Coordination and management of subcontractors
- Compilation and analysis of exploration data (reconnaissance information, photos, drill logs, rock and soil samples, etc.)
- Compilation and analysis of water sampling data
- Report preparation for Clients and regulators
The candidate must have strong field work skills, including:
- soil, rock and water (surface and groundwater) sampling
- coordination and oversight of subcontractors
- detailed field notation and drill logging
- mapping and map reading
- ability to work in various weather conditions and remote locations
- willingness to travel up to 3 hours away and up to 300 miles/day
- ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
In addition to the above skills, the following qualifications are essential:
- B.S. in Geology or related field
- Professional licensure in geology (or pending licensure)
- Five to 10 years of experience in related fields
- verbal and written communication aptitudes
- technical presentation abilities
Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!