This is a unique opportunity to show your leadership skills with a well-established construction company. Baker Roofing Company is an industry leader when it comes to providing an outstanding experience in commercial roofing, residential construction, metal fabrication, restoration, renewable energy, and more. We pride ourselves on over 100 years of quality work and investing in our employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The lists below are representative of the knowledge, skill and\/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in commercial roofing systems - specifically Built-Up\/Modified and Single-Ply.
- Knowledge of safety techniques and procedures and set up a safety plan, including tool box talks, safety huddles, equipment inspections.
- Ability to work independently and supervise and lead the crew to meet quality and production goals. Calculate and control labor projections and material needs including inventories. Supervise subcontractors.
- Ability to train the crew and subcontractors as needed.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize task and meet deadlines. Supervise for quality control.
- Ability to organized, plan, and execute work assignments.
- Ability to read shop drawings and reproduce details. Knowledge of how-to layout roofs and walls.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairways and scaffolding.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to work with the team.
- Ability to conduct on site meetings with the crew and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of how to seam and solder.
- General knowledge of construction materials and tools involved in the assembly, installation or repair of roofing structures.
- Ability to perform general physical activities in construction areas.
- Ability to use oral or written communication to convey information effectively. Meet with GC and customers. Ability to receive manufacturer training.
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Observance of performance of yourself, coworkers or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to fulfill paper work requirements: time sheets, safety huddles, material and sheet metal shop requisitions, job reports, tool box talks, and safety huddles.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Baker Roofing Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying for employment at Baker Roofing Company, please contact our Human Resources department at
877-897-8183 or [ Email address blocked ] .
EOE Minorities\/Females\/Disability\/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Shop Drawing
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Self Motivation