Working autonomously, regularly exercising independent judgment and discretion with limited supervision, the Client Specialist/On-site (CSOS) is responsible for ensuring client business objectives and schedules are met through proactive planning and thorough project management, thus ensuring an exceptional client experience. The CSOS is an individual contributor who is the primary point of contact for a major, significantly high-revenue assigned client and provides day-to-day client relationship management, including autonomously negotiating and committing to client deliverables and independently investigating and resolving client concerns on behalf of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Manage 1 major client account with several million dollars in annual revenue.
- Master assigned client’s business processes and organization to provide excellent service to the client.
- Negotiate client specific Service Level Agreement deviations and impact.
- Evaluate individual responsibilities and use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies relating to client specific projects.
- Work closely with client and Vestcom sales, graphics, estimating, IT, and operations departments to establish clear and concise project specifications and production requirements.
- Serve as the “face” of the company as the primary day-to-day relationship manager between assigned client and Vestcom.
- Manage and communicate directly with client to coordinate individual print and fulfillment projects.
- Provide direction and guidance to client on new initiatives and requests.
- Responsible for presenting and collaborating on new client opportunities with Vestcom team members.
- Communicate concise client objectives, schedules, and requirements to direct various Vestcom departments and associates.
- Investigate, escalate, address and independently resolve issues, complaints and concerns of both client and internal workflow.
- Use independent decision-making to determine whether to initiate invoice credit requests when necessary based on complaint resolution of incorrect pricing/freight or quantity discrepancies.
- Evaluate and independently determine when committing to expedited, un-billed shipping methods is necessary to ensure client’s delivery requirements are met.
- Evaluate and independently determine whether committing to delivering client product will require print production overtime to meet the client-dictated timing.
- Assist sales team with the launch of new projects, initiatives, and enhancements to current processes.
- Prepare and oversee job management and process workflows.
- Oversee and independently manage jobs associated with assigned account, including receipt of client data, job planning, cost estimating, schedule planning, product quality, internal and external communications.
- Collaborate with sales, estimating, client service, IT, and production to ensure timely completion of jobs.
- Identify new revenue opportunities within assigned account.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or similar field from four-year College or three to five years related business experience and/or training in client service; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other associates.
- Must possess the ability to be diplomatic with challenging clients.
- Plan, organize and manage multiple projects to drive project timelines to completion with cross-functional team members and to measure performance against specific requirements, service-level agreements, and/or quality goals.
- Must be able to identify and research inefficiencies and inaccuracies in business processes, procedures and plans.
- Skill in effectively utilizing a variety of software programs including: Power Point, Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, ERP, and retail and client specific proprietary software required.
- Must be detail-oriented, adapt to a fluctuating work/team environment and be flexible.
- Excellent problem solving skills and being proactive in resolving issues are needed with the ability to react to changes in standard operating procedures and implement quick and accurate decision making.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)