This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
The Payroll Specialist will provide support to the location HR Team, Finance, and corporate HR including; payroll processing and other Accounting based activities. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for supporting Accounting and providing reports and diversified clerical support to the Finance team and other Managers as required.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of assigned multi-state payroll and any special or bonus payrolls.
- Responsible for Monthly plant labor accruals for assigned locations.
- Perform monthly and periodic reconciliations on accruals associated with labor, temporary labor, PTO/Holiday/Sick.
- Analyze monthly labor and temporary labor costs. Recommend entries as required.
- Participate in yearly budget.
- Support internal and external audit requests.
- Run assigned payroll reports and audit and correct any errors or discrepancies.
- Validates all information prior to entry to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Assist employees with payroll & policy questions or steer in appropriate direction to get answers.
- Be a liaison with field HR to ensure employees are coded and paid properly.
- Maintain confidential files and maintenance of all employee records.
- Assist all locations with questions related to Payroll.
- Respond to leadership, accounting, and other user requests for a variety of on-demand Finance reports and other ad hoc requests as needed.
- Perform periodic audits of data entered into ADP system. Ensure report results are consistent, reliable and accurate.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 5+years of professional payroll processing experience.
- 2+ years of related professional and progressive Accounting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge in Ceridian and/or ADP a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Must be detail oriented with effective time management skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit URL blocked - click to apply
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1