To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Green Bay, WI 54305
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Metalworking Sales Specialist - Green Bay, WI
Grainger • Green Bay, WI
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Grainger Metalworking Specialist is responsible for maximizing and growing revenue and profits within prescribed metalworking categories in his/her assigned accounts.
This is a technical sales position. The Metalworking Specialist will proactively engage primary account managers in aligned districts to jointly build metalworking business. Specific responsibilities include:
Conducts needs analysis to determine a match between the customer’s requirement and Grainger’s products or services
- Leads customer discussion with relevant insight and challenges the customer to think differently about their business
- Explores expressed customer needs and identifies problems to solve—probes to fully understand, clarify and expand
- Utilize research to identify compelling reason to change
- Efficiently determines a customer’s readiness, focusing time on those who are willing to take advantage of his products or services
Provides customers with solutions that reduce costs or increase efficiency with innovative product or service applications
- Develops solution options using ongoing dialogue with the customer and all available technology
- Links features and benefits to business outcomes
- Works with internal Grainger contacts and manufacturers to ensure ability to support solution
- Performs cost savings analysis for customer solution
- Uses checking questions to gain feedback from customer on customized solution recommendation
- Engages Grainger resources to develop plan and timeline to implement solution
- Drives implementation plan with customer
- Checks with customer to ensure business needs are being met
- Leverages post-implementation success to gain more information from the customer about future needs
Maintains expertise in metalworking
- Educates customers on changing market trends and technology and impact to their business
- Investigates nonstandard solutions that will profitably satisfy a customer’s needs
Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BSE) or the equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years cutting tool and/or machine tool manufacturer or distribution experience preferred
- Previous field sales experience with cutting tools and/or machine tools is preferred
- Business analysis experience and the ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities are required
- Understanding and awareness of major machine tool and cutting tool brands and applications, and the ability to distinguish market offers and capabilities
- Demonstrated understanding of CNC operations including turning, drilling, and milling
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the aspects of metal cutting including speeds and feeds, materials, tool types is required
- Understanding of and experience with newest and latest in metal cutting technologies
- Basic CNC programming skills and knowledge preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Programs
A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel are required
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.