THE STRENGTH TO HEAL OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS.
If you are a dental student, you could receive a full-tuition scholarship for one, two, three or four academic years. During academic breaks, you’ll learn and work alongside other members of the U.S. Army Health Care Team. Plus, as your career progresses, you’ll have the opportunity to further your education and gain specialized skills through diverse clinical experiences in areas such as endodontics, pediatric dentistry, oral and maxillofacial pathology and public health.
As a student, you’ll also receive:
– Monthly stipend of more than $2,000 for 10 ½ months
– Officer’s pay for 45 days during academic breaks
– Reimbursement for books and certain academic fees
Upon graduation, benefits will include:
– Paid continuing education
– 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
– Non-contributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
– No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
– Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
– Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
– Commission as a Dental Corps captain
– Training to become a leader in your field
– Bachelor’s degree
– Enrollment in or acceptance to an ADA-accredited D.D.S. or D.M.D. program in the United States or Puerto Rico
– U.S. citizenship
– Ability to maintain full-time student status
Numerous scholarships are available.