To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moss Point, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AZZ incorporated • Moss Point, MS
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AZZ Metal Coatings - Moss Point
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, directing and managing all plant operations with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, quality and personnel.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
A Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is required.
A minimum of five years management experience in hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Experience in profit and loss responsibility, plant maintenance, scheduling production and personnel management. Past experience in steel fabrication or coatings is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of federal and state safety and environmental regulations. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer need assessments, meeting quality standards for services and evaluating customer satisfaction. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information system. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and analysis and the reporting of financial data.
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality, shipping and receiving and all personnel activities.
- Develops and controls profits/loss, business plans and budget restrictions.
- Implements cost effective systems for control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance for production and quality standards while maintaining strict process controls.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment. Replaces or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains and enforces OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or efficiency.
- Recommends personnel action including, but not limited to, annual evaluations, promotions, hiring and firing.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the primary direct report for all facility personnel.
Primarily air conditioned office. Frequent exposure to outdoor elements and a production environment.
Majority of the time is spent sitting, some standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand/arm motions.
Up to 10%