To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cumberland, RI 02864
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Support Specialist
The CSI Companies • Cumberland, RI
Posted 2 months ago
CSI Health is actively seeking a Patient Support Specialist for our client located in the Cumberland RI area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 1 PM - 9:30 PM
- Sat-Sun rotating 12:00 PM- 8:30 PM
Duration: Contract; potential to extend or convert
As a Patient Support Specialist, you will work to resolve patient billing and insurance inquiries, as well as respond to patient inquires related to visits, treatments and services.
- You will be responsible for answering incoming calls related to visits, patient billing statements, issues related to possible customer reimbursements, resolving patient payment concerns related to claims, and other general inquiries.
- You will be responsible for providing concise medical and prescription information in accordance with HIPAA compliance requirements, including but not limited to recent visits, follow up inquiries, and medical records.
- Providing concise patient and prescription information in accordance with HIPAA requirements via various sources.
- This position maintains and supports the integrity of the Privacy Office to ensure HIPAA compliance when providing Protected Health Information.
- Consult with patients in accordance with guidelines and state rules with direction from RN.
- Provide patients with support on medication reactions.
- Inform patients of strep test results or other documented findings in their records as requested.
- Assist patients with general information as required.
- Call patients back in timely manner. Initiate patient concern process, data entry, and appropriate follow up via electronic and phone.
- Print and mail visit summaries to Primary Care Providers PCP
- Triage patient symptoms for acuity and recognize when clinically appropriate to refer callers to other facilities such as Specialist, Urgent Care, or Emergency Rooms.
- Report critical clinical patient information to high level practitioners.
- Ascertain what patients are within the scope of clinic practitioners and if not provide alternative suggestions.
- Interpret and report value parameters of lab results to patients and practitioners.
- Understand and follow all regulations and standards concerning protected healthcare information and HIPAA.
- Educate patients about their current diagnosis and proper follow up care
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent
- Inbound call center experience in a high-volume or fast-paced customer service setting
- Healthcare billing experience and experience explaining coverage to patients is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology and experience with electronic medical records and data entry also a plus.
- 1+ years of customer service experience required
- 1+ years using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in a professional or academic setting