About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The Facility Manager has overall responsibility for leading and managing a team of operations, maintenance, and plant support employees at the site. Incumbent must also demonstrate the ability, to lead others, toward meeting or exceeding financial, operational, and performance goals in a power generation environment. Facilitates successful client relations, manages financial and contractual matters, and is a strong advocate, for environmental and safety efforts, while developing long-term, positive relationships with the local community.
- Employee morale, staffing, training efforts, and the health/safety of all plant personnel, including administration of the Company’s policies and programs.
- Maximizes the financial return, received by Covanta, from the Operation and Maintenance of the facility.
- Coordinates all outage and maintenance planning, by utilizing regional and corporate resources, when necessary, to maximize the facility’s operational requirements.
- Operates the facility, in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees and visitors, as a first priority, while maintaining ultimate familiarity with all regulations and corporate safety policies governing the facility’s operation.
- Ensures environmental compliance, which includes maintaining current knowledge, with all regulations and permits governing operation of the facility.
- Works to pursue opportunities aimed at maximizing the return on all assets associated with the facility. This includes taking the leading role, to address all operational and technical issues, in order to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Manages financial results of the facility’s business and operations.
- Sets goals and objectives for all functional areas of the Facility.
- Continuously strives to improve the condition and performance of the facility and takes primary responsibility for all operating expenses.
- Coordinates staffing efforts, resolves conflict, and motivates the team to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Participates in public forums to support business development and community education.
- Maintains effective relationships with local political and community leaders.
- Monitors utilities, the competition, and other businesses regarding pricing, business opportunities, and other market influences.
- Ensures compliance with all contracts to protect the long term interests of the Company.
- Complies with environmental standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Assists the Regional Vice President with other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, in business administration, engineering, environmental studies, or a related field, or equivalent, in a technical degree program; master’s degree and/or military experience is a plus.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience, with a proven track record of increasing managerial responsibility, in a power plant or similar environment.
- Must have, or obtain, the ASME’s site specific Qualification and Certification of Resource Recovery Facility Operators (QRO) Chief Facility Officer Certification within 12 months.